- Project Lead
- Total Posts: 2
- Join Date: 2016-01-13
How to calculate your import Duty.
It is very much important that you may have a fare good knowledge on the mentioned topic to avoid the confusion when you are traveling back to India. The below note will help you to calculate the import duty up front and make your life easier during customs clearance.
1. Login to site https://www.icegate.gov.in/Webappl/ [INDIAN CUSTOMS EDI SYSTEM]
2. Click on the Duty Calculator button.
3. Provide the item description and country of origin
4. System will display the entire tariff heads related to the search key provided.
5. Click on the tariff head belonging to your item.
6. System will display the â€œStructure of Duty for selected Tariffâ€.
7. Enter the amount in the field â€œEnter your Assessable value in INRâ€.
8. System will display the duty amount under â€œRate of Duty (Effective)â€ field. You may take this print and walk-in for the customs clearance.